It is quite obvious that gadgets that are not made to work under water should simply not be submerged into the liquid. But sadly this little known fact does not stop accidents from happening all too often. There is however hope, if you find your digital camera, cell phone or other tech device unintentionally physically associated with H2O.
The first thing that you should do is remove the battery from the device. If your device does not have a removable battery, the first thing you should do is quickly get on your knees and start praying. Once the battery is removed however (and even if you can’t remove the battery in your case), you should wait for as long as it takes for the device to dry up before you try to power it on again. After waiting a sufficient amount of time, use a towel to dry the battery and the battery compartment completely before reinserting the battery back in and powering on the device. If the battery or the device is still wet, chances of short circuit increase dramatically.
In any case, and regardless of how tempting it may seem to you, do not use an external heat source such as a hair dryer, heater, stove or a microwave to dry out your device. It may only help in frying your circuits and your device will be in worse shape that it initially was. Air drying your gadget is pretty much the only option so be patient. If lady luck is on your side, you may just end up saving your gadget from an untimely demise. Good Luck